Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is it really Tuesday again?

1.) I should be making my lunch and eating it instead of sitting here doing this. But I do enjoy reading everyone else's and they make me feel so much better. (Heidi~I have no idea why we have SO MUCH laundry.)

2.) I'm sorry to say this, and I hope not to offend anyone, but I really hate our dog. No really. Hate is the word I intended to use. She managed to bring fleas into our house this summer. Long story short, it took MONTHS before we were through and I could finally relax and not want to just torch the house...considering its brick, think about how much TNT I would have to use! Anyway, she can now jump over our fence and does it whenever she wants to. She knows I can't physically drag her stupid but back in there so she stays just out of reach. Buddy won't let me get rid of her. Good thing I'm a christian and an honest one at that or else he might come home one day and she would be GONE. Dogs that jump out get picked up, don't they. If I take her tags off and she isn't microchiped....who would know? I'm not going to do that but there are DAYS!

3.) I was just so excited yesterday because the kids were being so sweet and studious. Then today happened. Yuck. They all made me so frustrated. I think its the rain. Oh well...at least they are napping now!

4.) Mattea likes to blow kisses to us and we have to "catch" them. We do it back and she is always so elaborate in her ways of catching them. Yesterday, I blew her a kiss and when she "caught" it, she "broke" it. She look and me as she tucked "half" in her pocket she said, "I'm going to save this one for later. " So cute!

5.) My good friend Sarah, who is going to act as my doula during labor, is knitting me a prayer shawl. She said it should help me get through labor. I think her original idea of waving the check book in my face will be reminder enough of why an epidural free birth is so important!

6.) As much as I'm enjoying being home so much, I am really beginning to miss church. I feel as though I haven't been properly fed in so long!

7.) I can't believe Zane is turing 2 on Monday! I mean, I believe it because he is certainly exhibiting "2" behavior however, isn't he the BABY??

8.) I'm actually really hungry at this point. I make all our cream soups homemade now and I'm thinking cream of mushroom sounds so good. I made some yummy Irish Soda Bread yesterday and that would be great with that.

9.) Celestial Season makes a SleepyTime Plus tea...it has valerian in it. It is amazing. Not only do you get the chamomile (SP), but you get the extra boost. I slept so good last night!

10.) Why do our young people view Veterans Day as simply a day "they don't have to go to school"? I have noticed on FB that a majority of teens and even some college have this point of view. Its really sad. I don't like it.

2 comments:

Karina said...

Its okay...our (late) cat bought fleas in here a couple of years ago and it drove me INSANE. Like, insane. And then just a few weeks later he died of a paralysis tick. I felt awful.

Apparently rain makes people feel crazy and restless because of all the negative ions in the air. Thats completely irrelevant but interesting, I think.

Mattea sounds adorable. And smart. Very smart.

I'm petrified of spinal needles. Anything that involves a needle going near my spinal cord terrifies me. *shudder*

You guys dont have to go to school on Veterans day? We all just have a minute of silence at 11am on the 11th (of the 11th). Most schools have an assembly to talk about it. One of my school friends married a man about 1.5 years ago. She got pregnant and within weeks he was fighting in Afghanistan. He got killed. And she gave birth to his son last week. She also has to take care of his 2 kids from a previous relationship...and she's younger than I am. It breaks my heart. With these kinds of stories in the media I think most people over here took today seriously. I hope.

Irish soda bread...sounds interesting...?

Meghann said...

I'm so happy / jealous of Sarah being your doula...so wish it was me!! :)

About Me

My photo
Gadsden, AL, United States
I am a lover of Jesus Christ! I aim to make our home a sanctuary for my husband and 3 children. I know God has called me to be a wife and mother and each day, I thank Him for giving me the ability to stay home and be JUST that. I homeschool our daughter, Mattea using ABEKA K-3 and several wonderful websites. Although Aidan really enjoys going to Christian school, Mattea prefers to be home. Fine by me!!! I love being apart of the women's Bible studies through our church and strive to learn more about my Lord and grow in our precious relationship. I give God all the glory and have learned to praise Him no matter what the circumstance.